These master classes are patterned after the insights of Caribbean Professor Dr. Lewis R. Gordon, Professor at the Spinoza Chair Amsterdam (Faculty of Philosophy). His very pithy insight that he shares with us is, “the Western world has domesticated reality.”
What does that mean? A range of explanations fit this statement. First, the norms and values of people of African origin are not acknowledged in Western world. Second, people of African origin are considered inferior by the Western world. These views and associated behaviors have a huge impact on the lives of people of African descent.
In these master classes, this is elaborated on a wide range of topics: a) education, care and the labor market, b) incidents and crimes worldwide, c) the existence of a psychology of Color in Africa, d) Diversity and inclusion, and e) Refugees from North Africa and sub-Saharan Africa. Finally, attention is paid to epigenetics as a result of slavery and (neo)colonization.
Each master’s class will cover two of the 6 topics. That means a total of 3 master classes. The ideal group size is 12 people. A master class takes 4 hours to complete. A maximum of 42 people can participate. Then the master class is given with two people. Role-playing actors (2-4) are also used. Participants will also be given a homework assignment that will be graded by independent experts.
Facilitator: Dr. Carl H.D. Steinmetz, director Expats & Immigrants B.V, who has published peer-review English-language articles on all of these topics. References to these articles can be found in Research Gate.
- Wars and Psychology: A Critical Perspective (2022). Link: https://ap.lc/Vtcau
- Psychology of Coloured People: A Critical Note to the Dominance of Euro-American-Oriented Psychology over the Psychology of Non-Western Countries (2022). Link: https://ap.lc/Ewquc
- The Dutch Slavery and Colonization DNA: A Call to Engage in Self-Examination. Link: https://ap.lc/9Wr5c
- Criticism of the Concepts of Diversity and Inclusion in Western Countries. Link: https://ap.lc/nkCJX
- REFUGEES AND AGGRESSION: A SUGGESTIVE LINK. Link: https://ap.lc/Hlada
- RACISM AND EXCLUSION: THE SUPERIORITY VIRUS AND RECOMMENDATION. Link: https://ap.lc/zLUGu
- Unravelling Relations Between Immigration, Crime and Superdiversity in the United States of America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Link: https://ap.lc/FISfC
- How Dutch Education Systematically Discriminates Against Dutch Immigrants and Refugees. Link: https://ap.lc/e8J9F
- How Dutch Health-care Neglects Super-diversity. Link: https://ap.lc/43b3T